Rancho RSX

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by FergusonT, Sep 3, 2010.

1. FergusonT

FergusonT New Member 100 Posts

Can anybody tell me about the Rancho RSX Shock....I found some online coupons for advanceautoparts.com.....Before I did my Bilsteins in the front I was going to do Rancho's, but I took every bodies advice (which i am very glad i did) and got the Bilsteins.

Advance has the Rancho RS5000 and RSX

after that they have Monroe and Edelbrock shocks.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

One of the Monroe's that advance has is the Sensa-Trac Load Adjustable, that has a spring on it...anybody use these?
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Dude, stick with the Bilsteins!
  3. FergusonT

The one thing I noticed today is the Bilsteins in the front are a little bit softer than I expected, which I can't complain about because the ride is so nice. The future for this Suburban is to be able to pull an 18ft or larger boat. I really want to go with something adjustable like the Rancho RS9000, but they are pricey. Just afraid the Bilsteins in the rear will be too soft.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

Well you can add overload springs so the only stiffen the ride when your towing or airbags. Most people will play with the RS9000 adjustable shocks a few times when new but then they forgrt about them and leave them alone.
  5. FergusonT

Got any links for air bags....I am thinking they are out of my price range but I can give them a look. I am thinking about getting the wireless remote with the RS9000 shocks though.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

7. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

the monroe coil over shocks work great, have used them in the past and they have performed excellent, but an better option is add a leaf of air bags
  8. FergusonT

yeah i am definitely leaning more towards being able to adjust the rears....So this is my first time looking at air bag suspension kits, and I see a lot of kits that come with the air bags or "air springs" but no compressor. Is it common to have to buy the compressor separately?
  9. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

yes most kits do not come with a compressor, its usually a upgrade to a kit
  10. FergusonT

Yeah I think I found Firestone kit that looks alright.