Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Random Chirping

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by roldigs, Jul 21, 2009.

1. roldigs

roldigs New Member

I have a 2005 Suburban. I hear a chirping sound (like the alarm chirp) at random times while driving. It it intermittent and random. It sounds like it is coming from in the dash. Sometimes while I turn the car off it chirps slightly 3 times. The last episode was while driving a long trip. It started chirping about every 30 seconds. I pulled over, turned the car off, restarted and the chirp dissappeared. I need help.
  2. bill190

bill190 Rockstar 100 Posts

Get a helper to ride with you and bring an empty paper towel roller.

Then have helper place tube to ear and point the other end different directions to find the exact location of the sound.

Then you can take apart the dash and find the exact part causing the noise.

Or get a GM Factory Service Manual set and read through it and try to figure out what part is there.

Or take it to a GM dealer and point to where the noise is coming from.
  3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

4. roldigs

roldigs New Member

Solutions to Random Chirping sound from dashboard

Hydraulic boost pressure something or other. See Norman Frede Chevy in Clear Lake City Texas.