Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Raptor Spray In Liner

Discussion in 'How-to Guides' started by lonelywolf858, Jun 26, 2013.

1. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

I've had 5 trucks now and have done a roll-on bedliner in every one of them. I've tried a different brand with every truck and I think I'm most pleased with the looks of this one. I'm curious to see long term durability.

Raptor Kit:
    4-bottles of liner
    1-can of hardener
    1-spray gun

[​IMG]

Other Materials:
    100 grit sandpaper
    Scotch bright wheel
    Scotch bright
    Self etching primer
    Painters tape
    drop cloths

Step 1:

I washed the bed thoroughly with a wax and grease remover to get rid of years of car wash build up and oily residues.

Step 2:

Sand the finish until all the gloss is gone. I used a sander with 100-grit for most of it. Then I came back with the Scotch bright wheel followed by hand scrubbing with Scotch bright. This got rid of almost everything except the tight corners.

[​IMG]

Step 3:

Since no one is perfect you may sand too deep and get to bare metal and you may not be able to get into the tiny crevices. Use a little self etching primer in these areas.

[​IMG]

Step 4:

I disassembled everything I could to make masking easier. Make sure you double and triple check your masking because nothing will ruin your mood like blow-by.

[​IMG]

Step 5:

Mix and spray a first coat like the Raptor instructions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 6:

I followed the instructions and put on a 2nd coat on the entire bed and a 3rd coat on the floor, tailgate, and wheel humps. You may be able to do more or less depending on your bed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 7:

Enjoy

[​IMG]