Ratchet Strap Mahem!!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Jakers725, Jan 18, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Jakers725

Jakers725 New Member

How you all organize or store your ratchet straps? I find it is pain to coil them up every time and always come unraveled...and then they gets kinks and take forever to straighten out. Any almost everyone else I know has the same issue...

Let me know your thoughts here, or if you would be so kind please take a quick survey at the following link (11 questions and less than 2 minutes). A couple friends and myself are trying to develop a product to solve this problem. No personal info needed unless you want to give it, we are just trying to do a little research.

www.kwiksurveys.com?u=ratchetstrap

I look forward to hearing how other people deal with their ratchet straps clusters...
  2. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Contact Ancra. They have some very good products
    s
  3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I roll them up and use a velcro strap to keep them from coming undone.
  4. Coach24

Sounds like a good and simple way off keeping it clean
  5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

X2 Velcro strap.....
  6. Cheez

Cheez Member 100 Posts

I roll them up and tuck them in the opening on the bottom of my extended cab door. Almost the perfect size actually.
  7. 747

747 New Member 100 Posts

I have 1 heavier duty ratchet strap rolled up and I keep it in the storage area under the front middle seat. I also keep 10 feet of rope and 3 bungee cords in there.

I did your survey. Its cool that other people actually think about this kinda stuff...
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I use ratchet straps in my service truck at work probably 10 to 15 times a day, my biggest concern is keeping them clean and free of contaminants that degrade the straps.
    Most of our straps secure anywhere from 300 to 1700lbs of rolling equipment, items that weight getting loose in the back of a truck can be a hazard so I take the condition of my straps very seriously.
    I probably throw away 2-3 straps a month if they get worn or soiled/contaminated.
    Out of habit I treat the straps on my trailers and personal trucks the same way.
  9. Coach24

Not sure what your companies budget is but Ancra has some really good materials on there straps and they test them very very well. I used to sell Ancra straps 10 to 1 once I got the truckers a sample to run against the competition. No Anca is paying me anymore but it isn't there fault that NAPA treats good loyal employees so crappy.
  10. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

They wont buy Ancra straps, I already tried to get them to, their to cheap.
    When I was still in the Navy flying as a Crew Chief all we used was Ancra straps and load systems on the 737, we had custom manufactured rollerball floor systems that allowed 1 person to move a 4000lb pallet by themselves.
    Good equipment.
    All my personal truck and trailer straps are Ancra.