1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ratchet Strap Mahem!!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Jakers725, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

You know the biggest selling hook I had was the fact that for 50 cents to a dollar a strap they would put your company name all over the strap. So when those other drivers of your competition steal your straps they kinda say their guilty of theft everytime they use them. The company name is stitched right in the strap. I had one company report that theft of their straps decreased 80% once their order got to them and straps were issued. If you run flat eds they have drop in ratchets as well
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

4. SurrealOne

I bought them in October and have used them only for light duty (moving wood furniture), so far. The strap self-winds into the rubber ball. The rubber ball is nice because it doesn't mar your truck's finish if it touches something or is pulled across it. The ratchet+hooks+ball take up a bit more space than a self-winding/retractable ratchet strap when tossed in a bag or bin but these were relatively inexpensive compared to self-winders I've seen, before. I'm happy with them, so far.
  5. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

My bed has tie down rings at each corner, so I run my straps the length of the bed (kinda over my fenderwells) Keeps them neat and organized and out of the way but very accessible..
  6. Jakers725

Jakers725 New Member

These are really neat - never seen them before, but it looks like someone put some thought into them. How much they run for and where can you get them?

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Is your bed covered or are the straps out in the open? Never thought of doing this - simple but effective.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Never heard of them before...but I will check them out for sure. THanks!

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Thanks for your reply...and taking the survey!
  7. SurrealOne

My local Walmart had them for $19.88+tax per pair. If you can't get them at your local Wally World you can likely order them online and do the in-store pickup bit: http://www.walmart.com/ip/SmartStra...actable-Ball-of-Webbing-Green-2-Pack/14493275
  8. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I just get the super cheap straps from the Depot of Homes and put them in a small carry around tool box I have after I roll them up which is tucked under the seat of my pickup. I hardly strap anything anymore now that I don't do construction, so I will be saving a lot of money on straps!
  9. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a soft tonneau so they are out of the elements.. also I have a Line-X spray in bed cover but the little hoops/rings are part of the bed. The guys didn't spray over them so they work out perfectly.If I remember correctly the rings are on the sides and not the bed floor...