rattle around windshield

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by odom747, Apr 17, 2009.

1. odom747

odom747 New Member

need help i have a 09 silverado with seems to sound like plastic bb"s hitting the windshield about 70 mph,i called the dealer and the first thing they said does it have a bug shield on it that that was the problem, i was wondering does anyone else have this problem, thanks
  2. leadpan101

leadpan101 New Member

i do as well but mines an 03 haven't figured it out yet
  3. jrose7

jrose7 New Member

OH YEH! Mine's an '04, with the aftermarket bug shield. The problem is the wind is getting under the rubber molding around the wind shield. Three choices: 1) live with it; 2) take off the bug shield and put on the GM version, (they supposedly work better); 3) put a small bead of silicone under the rubber molding, (just across the top and down the sides). I picked #3, but after 5 years, it needs to be done again. Something else I have is shaky outside mirrors-dealer says it's the bug shield also.
  4. Springthing

Springthing New Member

Check the cowl park right behind the hood, make sure it is not a little loose. That was the culprit on my window rattle at highway speeds.
  5. fjrocketman

fjrocketman New Member

I have an 08 that makes the same noise at highr speeds. I do have an EGR chrome bug shield. Interesting...I kept looking and holding down different parts of the dash but it never seemed to stop the noise.
  6. NoelZ71

NoelZ71 New Member

Mine did the same thing but I dont have a bug shield. It was the rubber flaps that cover the hood hinges on the back of the hood. I trimmed them down and have not had a problem since.
  7. Falcone

Falcone New Member

mine was the cowel park as was mentions above. I have a 92 sonoma, but mine rattleded. I put some hatch back window one side adheisve tape on the bracket, no more reattle.