Rattle...Rattle...Rattle Soooooo annoying.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by warost, Sep 10, 2012.

1. warost

warost New Member

As you may have guessed I have a rattle, every time I go over a pot hole, hump or bump the brake pads rattle like mad and it driving me up the wall, here in London there is not much info or parts available for a GMC S15 Sierra classic on an 88 reg, my question is are there any anti-rattle shims available for this truck as none are fitted, I have looked at the web for ages but its not really clear, if anyone could point me in the right direction so I can order anything needed from the states I would be very grateful.
    If anyone has any put them on ebay and let me know the item number and I will buy them.

Thanks for any help.

Stu

2. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What part of your truck is rattling?

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[MENTION=12002]moogvo[/MENTION], see below for the answer to your query. I bolded the text within a quotation of the original post...

4. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Aah. I am guilty of reading too fast. thanks for pointing that out.

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

No problem. I wish I knew what might cause that, but I've never run into it...

6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I too have never run into that issue. It seems if that pads are moving around like that, then it would be questionable if the pads are flat on the rotor when the pedal is applied. To attempt to answer the question, Most good pad sets come with new clips. This pad set from autozone come with 2 clips. I believe that they are called banjo clips and they go inside a slot in the middle of the caliper. They are supposed to keep pressure on the pads and stop them from moving. I could be completly wrong on this one as I have not done brakes on a truck that old in a long time. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...ii0guZ8ko29?itemIdentifier=914644_197394_1610_