Rattle Sound from Shock Mount Point...

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 2nd Amendment, Oct 19, 2008.

1. 2nd Amendment

2nd Amendment New Member

I have a '00 Tahoe 4WD. I installed new Monroe Reflex shocks a little over a year ago and have about 16,000mi on them. Recently, I've been hearing a notable rattle sound when going over bumps. I pushed on my rear bumper and was able to duplicate the problem. The upper shock mount on the right rear side appeared to be worn out already.

I removed the shock only to find out the rubber bushing and spacer was fine. Upon further investigation, I saw the shock attach point on the chassis appears to have bushings installed and were elongated.

My questions are these: Are there really bushings installed or has the spacer on the shock just wore an imprint on the mount? Also, do you know where I can go to get the part number? I've looked all over different parts sites and can't seem to come up with anything.

2. 2nd Amendment

2nd Amendment New Member

Bump for some answers...

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry you have not gotten a reply yet. I had to replace a shock mount on my Blazer and picked one up at my local tire/suspension shop.