rattle trapped my cab over the weekend

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by reggiecab2000, Jul 31, 2012.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

Finally got the chance to go home for the weekend and install all my sound deadener minus the doors i can take car of later
    I used rattletrap xtreme

heres my brilliant scheme for shade for the weekend to keep my roof (and me) cool while i applied all the sound deadener. and hell yeah it worked :)
    photo 5 (2).jpg
    everything in at the beginning
    start.jpg
    seats out and all the crap thats built up between them
    seats out.jpg
    everything out to the bare metal
    photo 5.jpg

photo 3.jpg
    just an fyi for anyone else interested in doing this, obviously mine is a single cab, i probably used about 70 sq.ft. covered the roof twice, the floor the backwall, and will do the doors later but wont be but another maybe 10 sq.ft.

photo 1 (3).jpg
    excuse my pops in the picture, he was wanting some pictures to show his friends too
    photo 4 (2).jpg
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

looks good man. let us know how much it helps, i may do something like that in the future.

Alex
  3. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

well i could definitely already tell a difference but as you found out from my other post, with no muffler its loud again on the inside
    once i get that fixed i will respond with more results
    but before the muffler fell off it was well worth it
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

This is a mod on my to do list. Where did you get the material from? Price?
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

FWIW, @aloxdaddy99, it's the same material that I used. The FatMat Rattle Trap Xtreme is 80mil .. i.e. more dense than other Rattle Trap Products. I got mine from Amazon and it was 90 bucks for 50sq ft plus $16.99 S&H ... and it comes with a roller (which is crappy) and a blade which is ok. It appears to have gone up to 92.99 clams per 50sq. ft, now (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TUNRGM) meaning you'll total out at 109.98 per roll you order.

To do my entire cab (floor, rear wall, roof, dual layers on the doors [outer skin and inner skin], and multiple layers in the center console) I consumed 4 rolls of the stuff. I recently ordered a 5th roll as I want to have some on hand when I change out my speakers and I was completely out.

Maybe @reggiecab2000 found a cheaper price? Do tell!
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

[MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] I couldn't remember what you had used. Nak and I were talking about it the other night. I may start to buy a roll here and a roll there until I get enough
  7. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

I'm not too far from doing this too. Just on the floor though as thats where most of my noise is from.

Quickest and easiest place for ME to get it from is AutoZone plus next time I go and use my card thing I get 40$ off
  8. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

10. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

So....I take it thats not good at all