1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

rattle trapped my cab over the weekend

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by reggiecab2000, Jul 31, 2012.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

i just ordered the product straight from their website, its honestly the best deal i could find
    199.99 for 100 sq ft, no tax, free shipping
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice! 2 bucks per sq. ft. is solid. I paid ~2.14 per sq. ft and didn't have to buy rollers or cutters (both of which I lacked).
  3. reggiecab2000

the package i got on their site come with a roller, cheap knife(which worked plenty well) and some basic instructions and stickers, hard to believe amazon DIDNT have it cheaper lol
  4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I use fleabay from time to time. You've got me confused with Nakranij.

No joke -- it's rare that they don't. At the same time, it's not enough of a difference for me to be upset about. Anything close to 2 bucks/sq. ft. is very reasonable ... compared to Dynamat's ~5 bucks/sq. ft.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  6. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Lol probably
  7. reggiecab2000

No joke -- it's rare that they don't. At the same time, it's not enough of a difference for me to be upset about. Anything close to 2 bucks/sq. ft. is very reasonable ... compared to Dynamat's ~5 bucks/sq. ft.[/QUOTE]

agree!!!
  8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Just ordered 2 100sft of the 80mil Fatmat. Since I am going to have a good part of the interior sitting in my garage for other mods I figured it was time.
  9. GrizzlyTN

GrizzlyTN Rockstar 100 Posts

Like everyone else, I've been wanting to do this too.

My main areas for noise are rattles

1. The sound system makes the door panels rattle with every song that has bass. (Yeah I know! Turn it down)
    2. The speedometer/dash in front of the steering wheel has some rattle I can't find. It's in the black sun guard piece.

I'm wanting to step up to better AT or possibly Open County MT's and want to keep the road noise to a minimum, so the sound dampening is going to have to happen.

Don't know if I can afford the whole interior on a crew cab so I was thinking Roof, Doors.
  10. reggiecab2000

finally did my door panels too!

HOWEVER...
    what i will end up doing is adding sound deadener onto the inside of the door panel plastic trim, since that really rattle when hitting bumps, hard hitting bass, etc.
    ALSO, since I previously pulled my ENTIRE dash to do the resistor mod on my auto headlight sensor and it was only about 15 bolts/screws, I am going to pull that again and do the same thing (sound deaden the underside of the plastic, because on our trucks, all the plastic is so flimsy and just rattles even as you drive down the highway :grrrrrr:
    I have a friend with a 2010 black silverado single cab, and i jiggle all his plastic panels and they are no way near as flimsy as all mine are, obviously GM improved the interior trim structuring, thank god, but it doesnt help me.

really the best pictures I could take :/

photo 3 (3).jpg

photo 1.jpg

anyone looking for info on this

I used:
    49" X 12" sheet for the lower half of the door
    33" X 6" sheet for upper half of door

***TIP***
    When inserting into door, tear about 3" off of side side of sheet and pull all the wax paper off the back, but then reattach the wax paper ( this breaks the initial bond of the adhesive on the wax paper, so when you hands are getting cut up inside your doors with limited space, it peels off the wax paper easier as you stick it to the door) then roll up the sheet.
    you can then squeeze it into the door and unroll it sideways.
    after you have the horizontal orientation, you can stick the side you have exposed then peel the rest of the wax paper off until you get it all on there and pressed in real good.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013