rattle

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by emjcfj, Feb 1, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. emjcfj

emjcfj New Member

I have a rattle in my dashboard. I have had two steering column sheeves put on and had the inner tie rod ends replaced. Does anyone have this problem or had this problem? About to lose my mind......
  2. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Unfortunately, saw this post the first time around and I personally have no advice for you other than trying to diagnose the rattle yourself - either by having someone driving while you look around and/or taking the larger pieces of dash out and driving around with it like that so you can spot where the rattle is yourself.

With the information you give it limits the amount of help anyone can give you. It might help to know when the rattle occurs, what it sounds like, what you've looked at already, what you might think it is, where it seems to be coming from, etc etc.
  3. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

you dont have any thing in your ash tray do you?
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

take off your entire dash and put some sound deadener on the bottom of it. I am about to do the same to mine, im assuming your talking about a typical plastic rattle noise?
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You just resurrected a thread that hasn't been active for slightly more than 4 years -- and replied to it as if it were current. May I ask why?
  6. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

holy cow! I did not even notice that!
    I was just going through my rattle trap thread and saw this thread tagged as a "similar" thread and decided to reply to it. I never noticed the date on it.... whoopsie daisy, maybe he still needed an answer and mine was the right one??? LOL
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:sign0017: