Rattling under truck?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Curky, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It is not a constant noise. It does make it a lot. It is coming from my exhaust area. It seems to happen after the truck warms up, at idle and a cretin RPM. Everything seems real tight. Someone told me it is my muffler. I bought truck used, but the whole exhaust looks fairly new. I can feel the truck vibrate a little only when the noise is accruing. Anyone have any idea?

2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hi Curky, I had a similar problem that like to have drove me nuts and I found that it was a heat shield under the drivers side floorboard. I tightened the bolts and that fixed it. I hope yours is that simple. I know my truck is much older than yours but I'm sure they still use heat shields, check it out. :glasses:

3. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Hi donyms, Thank you. I will add that to my check list. I can’t be leave I did not think of checking that first. That has happened on all my cars and I just took them off. The sound is a lot louder on the passenger side. Between the Ext. door and back wheel.

4. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

After you stating exactly where the noise is coming from I would check the cab vents as well, they are on the back of the cab between the bed and the cab. Good luck man. :glasses: