1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rattling under truck?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Curky, Apr 24, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It is not a constant noise. It does make it a lot. It is coming from my exhaust area. It seems to happen after the truck warms up, at idle and a cretin RPM. Everything seems real tight. Someone told me it is my muffler. I bought truck used, but the whole exhaust looks fairly new. I can feel the truck vibrate a little only when the noise is accruing. Anyone have any idea?
  2. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hi Curky, I had a similar problem that like to have drove me nuts and I found that it was a heat shield under the drivers side floorboard. I tightened the bolts and that fixed it. I hope yours is that simple. I know my truck is much older than yours but I'm sure they still use heat shields, check it out. :glasses:
  3. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hi donyms, Thank you. I will add that to my check list. I can’t be leave I did not think of checking that first. That has happened on all my cars and I just took them off. The sound is a lot louder on the passenger side. Between the Ext. door and back wheel.
  4. donyms

donyms Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

After you stating exactly where the noise is coming from I would check the cab vents as well, they are on the back of the cab between the bed and the cab. Good luck man. :glasses: