RC 3" & Zone Offroad 1.5BL???

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Jimbo74, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 Rockstar 100 Posts

ok so im thinkin about runnin the rough country 3 inch kit along with a zone offroad 1.5 inch body lift and putting 35s on my truck. ive talked with a guy and seen his truck and he only has the rc 3 inch kit runnin 35s. it looks ok but i eventually wanna run a different rim. his setup works with stock rims. what do yall think about the setup i mentioned?

2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would resist the body lift. But yours is the NBS, so i don't know if you'll have a lot of clearance when flexing your suspension. Nice idea's though, I like what you're planning.

3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

that set up is exactly what i want, a 1.5in bl is perfect addition there is nothing wrong with a reasonable body lift

4. Jimbo74

yea and they offer new bumper brackets also. i have the new body style chevy. its a 2 wheel drive, there is no difference in the 2 & 4 wheel drives with the new body style. i just want a lil more aggresive look with my truck, i dont wanna waste the money on a 6 inch suspension lift. its only a 2 wheel drive. i dont do nothin serious anymore, hardly anyplace for us to go muddin where i live

5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

that setup sounds pretty good, but make sure you get bumper brackets for the front AND back. mine only came with front, but i bought the rears separately for around 50 bucks. There is nothing wrong with body lifts either. just make sure you retighten the bolts down again after a day or two of driving

6. countryboy73703

countryboy73703 Rockstar

my opinion

I'm going to have to say stay away from the body lift just because you start seeing the undercarrage, especially if your already going to have a suspension lift

7. Jimbo74

its a 1.5" body lift u aint gonna see the frame that much lol. plus im gonna get the nfab nerf bars and even with a 3 inch those nfabs hide the frame really good.