1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

RCA cables to speaker wires?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by trenchwarfare, Mar 22, 2008.

1. trenchwarfare

trenchwarfare New Member

So, how the hell do I hook up normal speaker wires to an rca audio cable input? Am I missing something as it's only a couple of wires?
  2. trenchwarfare

trenchwarfare New Member

Thanks. I didn't think it could be that difficult.
  3. guesstimator

guesstimator New Member

Sounds like you need a LOC (Line Output Converter). It takes the line level (speaker output from your factory radio) and converts it to an RCA.
  4. trenchwarfare

trenchwarfare New Member

My stereo has the rca outputs and I need to connect my normal speaker wires to them. I am also going on a road trip Friday morning. I purchased a PAC OEM-2 univ sound system interface and controller and I don' think it'll work for this.
  5. sheep

sheep New Member

do you mean you are trying to hook your RCAs into your subwoofer? cuz you need an amp to do that
  6. trenchwarfare

trenchwarfare New Member

No. All speaker outputs are rca. Front speakers, rear speakers, and subwoofer as well. I am guessing that an amplifier is the only way.