1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

RCing fun!

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by johnvosh, May 18, 2011.

1. johnvosh

johnvosh Member

So anyone here do any RCing? If so list what you've got and perhaps some pics would be good as well. I've got the following...

a) Traxxas Slayer Pro 3.3, stock
    b) Traxxas Revo 3.3, stock
    c) HPI Savage XL K5.9, stock
    d) HPI Savage X with Axial .28 engine

I also had an HPI Baja 5T but got rid of it as well as some electric one's and a Jato 3.3 View attachment 27456 View attachment 27457 View attachment 27458 View attachment 27459

2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You've got a nice set there! I've always loved RC cars as a kid so about 4 or 5 years ago I stepped up and got a savage 4.3 and love it!
    How do you like the revo btw?? I heard they are pretty nasty. I tried to get mine running the other day and had a problem. It would start like normal then just take off at full throttle like crazy then kill itself. It did it over and over again and finally stopped starting. It was really frustrating so I had to put it away.

I can't find pictures right now. I've got a blue and orange hummer body on it. I may have to take some more and post them!

3. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

my brother and his roomate have thousands upon thousands invested in RC's, they build them piece by piece, and run em ragged so they're always breaking lol. they are a blast though, he's always trying to get me into it, but why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free right? lol

4. xsparky

xsparky Rockstar

Yep I have savage 2.5, micro t, micro rock crawler. Have no pic.

5. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I was a big fan of RC crawling but ended up spending too much on them and building shelf queens. here are my tamiya crawlers i built and eventually sold them on Ebay

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  6. TomsHHR

TomsHHR Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I am more into the electrics and have a power boat, 5' tall Sail boat (dolphin), S-10 4wd stadium truck and a 2wd dune buggy.

7. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those are sick!!!!!!!!!!

8. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

jeez man, they are nice, but shouldn't you be building Silverado's and Sierras... hahaha

9. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Thank you, they were a pain to build

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Thanks, yea, i dont Know why Tamiya never came out with a decent late model chevy body other then the Clodbuster body.