1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

RCrocs rock crawl competition

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pete95Sierra, May 21, 2009.

1. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A few weeks ago I went to Rausch Creek ORP (in Tremont, PA) for their annual RCrocs competition. This is the second year they have done it and it has gotten very popular in just a few years and will continue to grow. I went with my offroad club and watched the competition on saturday and we wheeled sunday. What is great about it is that they have 4 classes, so whether you are running a custom rock buggy or a lightly built wrangler, you can run the competition. I thought you guys would like to see this as it is insane!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Pete95Sierra

This is actually a guy in my club who is running it this year. he did pretty well his first time out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. Pete95Sierra

and here is some of my Jeep from the weekend
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:great:Wow those rock walls are crazy, we have been down to Chilicothe Ohio to watch the mud runs but they don't have any rocks to climb though. I was going to buy a Jeep for that reason exactly, they pretty much go anywhere you want them to go. Does your cherokee do okay off-road, since it seems a little lower to the ground than the other one's? I was looking at a commander that had a 3" lift and some big tires, but It looked like it would be really close to rubbing the fenders. Great pictures BTW, thanks for posting them for us to see.
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Your buddies XJ has to much glass in it, I'm sure that'll change by the end of the season.
  6. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

thats awsome. i love watching rock crawling on tv.
  7. poncho08

poncho08 Rockstar 100 Posts

so whant to try that one day looks like fun. all we got is the mud boug pit witch is a lot of fun as whail.
  8. Pete95Sierra

he actually used to DD it like that until he got a another DD. he drove that cherokee to and from the competition as well. every time we have a run at Rausch he drives it there and he is from Rhode Island.

and amy that doesnt sound to bad of a set up. although it is a commander so it is IFS front. If you are looking for a decent trail rig find a cheap cherokee and get a 3" lift for it, cut the fenders, and throw 33's under it and lock one or both axles. Mine is a 3" lift on 31's with a locker in the rear and it does ok, but im upgrading to a 4.5" lift, 4.56 gears, and 33's this summer. And if you are worried about rubbing the fenders than you are in the wrong sport :lol::lol: either way find something that is a solid front axle. if you need any help about cherokee's or building one ask me any questions you may have :great: