1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Re-post: Post-2000 factory 8-lug alloys on pre-2000 K2500

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by BCD, Feb 1, 2012.

1. BCD

BCD New Member

Has anyone installed the 2000+ factory 8-lug alloys on an earlier model K2500 without any fitment issues. From what I've read, backspacing is a bit different, but should work on the fronts & the drum brake rears of the pre-2000 3/4 ton trucks & 'Burbs. Looking to swap steelies for post 2000 alloys on my '99 K2500 Suburban. Any input would be appreciated...thanks.
  2. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I have a set of 04's that I run on my 85 1t van, no problems. I did change out all of the wheel studs, though, because they were stretched out.
    I haven't put them on my 99, but I swap the steelies back and forth, so I would think it would be fine. I have seen other pre-2000 trucks running the alloy wheel, too.

There may be a different bevel on the wheel, or different lugnuts between the older and newer trucks, but I don't think so.

Good luck!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012