1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ReadyLift Done :S

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by CornhuskerChevy, Aug 19, 2009.

1. CornhuskerChevy

CornhuskerChevy Rockstar

I had the 2.25" leveling kit put on my 07 NBS Silverado 1500 yesterday. I like it, but have to admit I was expecting a little more lift out of it. It says you can fit 33" tires on it, which are roughly 285's in metrics if I'm not mistaken...but after seeing it done, I am doubting my chances of fitting 285's with no rubbing...I am looking at aftermarket rims also, does anyone have this same kit and have 33"/285 tires? If so how close are you on the fit? Any rubbing or trimming? And will the larger tires and aftermarket rims give it a little taller appearance? Didnt know how much a set of 33"/285's would actually make it sit higher than the 265's on it now.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  2. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

My truck has 275/55/20 on it, I can't imagine 285's could be that much bigger. Looks like there is plenty of space in my wheel well still. :neutral:
  3. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

i have a pro comp kit wich is a 2.5 lift. its obviously not the same kit but im guessn its about the same effect.
    i put 33's and they fit but theyll rub just a lil bit wen u make sharp turns. ive never heard it rub while driving. just wen im in parking lots on drive ways and have to turn it realy hard.

and going to a 33 from a stock made the truck sit up about another inch and have a slightlly smoother ride quality.

the only thing is i went from stock 17 in rims to 18's that were a bit wider and ive been told that could be the reason for rubing wen i turn.
    all in all its not to bad of a rub and it doest noticably affect tire wear
  4. 1S1K

1S1K Rockstar 100 Posts

Tough Country Lift

I have the TC Level Lift. I am running the 285, 65 18's with an off set wheel. I am not sure what the offset is and so far no rubbing issues. I dont 4x4 heavy so as far as rubbing isses I have not seen, or felt.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27317
  5. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Jimbo74 put a 2.5 front lift on his nbs and he was able to fit 295/70/17 which is a little over 33 so with 285/75/16 you should be just fine.

Heres some pics of his with the 295's:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

It all depends on your rim choice. If u go with a wider rim and some negative offset u will probably rub but if u stay closer to 0mm or some positive offset and 4.5 - 5.0" backspacing u should be ok.
  7. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

i have a 0mm offset on mine and it rubs so deffinatly go with a positive offset
  8. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had the ProCOmp leveling kit installed and ProComp wheels with 285/75/18 and there is a little bit of rubbing. Nothing a razor knife wont fix when I get around to it. I recomend the bilstein shocks if you do the level lift. There is a set made for you truck that work great. I do a lot of off roading and the new shocks and wheels are great.
    FYI the 2500 HD models still sit about 1/2" low in the front and I don't recomend cranking up on the torsion bars for the look - your truck will drive like a Ford.