ReadyLift Done :S

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by CornhuskerChevy, Aug 19, 2009.

1. CornhuskerChevy

CornhuskerChevy Rockstar

I had the 2.25" leveling kit put on my 07 NBS Silverado 1500 yesterday. I like it, but have to admit I was expecting a little more lift out of it. It says you can fit 33" tires on it, which are roughly 285's in metrics if I'm not mistaken...but after seeing it done, I am doubting my chances of fitting 285's with no rubbing...I am looking at aftermarket rims also, does anyone have this same kit and have 33"/285 tires? If so how close are you on the fit? Any rubbing or trimming? And will the larger tires and aftermarket rims give it a little taller appearance? Didnt know how much a set of 33"/285's would actually make it sit higher than the 265's on it now.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  2. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

My truck has 275/55/20 on it, I can't imagine 285's could be that much bigger. Looks like there is plenty of space in my wheel well still. :neutral:

3. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

i have a pro comp kit wich is a 2.5 lift. its obviously not the same kit but im guessn its about the same effect.
    i put 33's and they fit but theyll rub just a lil bit wen u make sharp turns. ive never heard it rub while driving. just wen im in parking lots on drive ways and have to turn it realy hard.

and going to a 33 from a stock made the truck sit up about another inch and have a slightlly smoother ride quality.

the only thing is i went from stock 17 in rims to 18's that were a bit wider and ive been told that could be the reason for rubing wen i turn.
    all in all its not to bad of a rub and it doest noticably affect tire wear

4. 1S1K

1S1K Rockstar 100 Posts

Tough Country Lift

I have the TC Level Lift. I am running the 285, 65 18's with an off set wheel. I am not sure what the offset is and so far no rubbing issues. I dont 4x4 heavy so as far as rubbing isses I have not seen, or felt.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27317

5. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Jimbo74 put a 2.5 front lift on his nbs and he was able to fit 295/70/17 which is a little over 33 so with 285/75/16 you should be just fine.

Heres some pics of his with the 295's:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. chevyman2004

chevyman2004 Rockstar 100 Posts

It all depends on your rim choice. If u go with a wider rim and some negative offset u will probably rub but if u stay closer to 0mm or some positive offset and 4.5 - 5.0" backspacing u should be ok.

7. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

i have a 0mm offset on mine and it rubs so deffinatly go with a positive offset

8. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had the ProCOmp leveling kit installed and ProComp wheels with 285/75/18 and there is a little bit of rubbing. Nothing a razor knife wont fix when I get around to it. I recomend the bilstein shocks if you do the level lift. There is a set made for you truck that work great. I do a lot of off roading and the new shocks and wheels are great.
    FYI the 2500 HD models still sit about 1/2" low in the front and I don't recomend cranking up on the torsion bars for the look - your truck will drive like a Ford.