1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ReadyLift - front level kit or SST lift/level kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by JW2007-6.0, Mar 8, 2010.

1. JW2007-6.0

JW2007-6.0 New Member

Ideally I would like to install the ReadyLift SST lift kit in which also levels the truck. I don't like the drooping front end. I was going to just put in the standard $230 kit to level it, but wondering if the SST kit which also raises it another 2" is worth $1000. I don't want to put the front level kit and have regrets that I didn't just spend the money to do it right. I also need to do this in steps and wheels and tires won't be until at least 6 months so how dumb is the truck going to look if I put the SST kit on with stock wheels?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      34.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      47.8 KB
      Views:
  2. ippielb

ippielb Active Member 1000 Posts

Why not just go with a suspension lift?
  3. tandk04

tandk04 New Member

I am having to make nearly the same decision as you are making. I was just going to level. Then I thought, why not just do the SST. I was looking around and for the same price you can get the RCX 5 inch or the RCX 7.5 inch. I don't know too much about these kits. I have talked to a couple of people and them seem to be happy with these kits. Just something to think about. Believe me, I know it is a tough choice.
  4. JW2007-6.0

JW2007-6.0 New Member

I haven't heard as much good things about Rough Country as the ReadyLift. I'm actually hard pressed to find people that are unhappy with ReadyLift. Plus there is no cutting required and you can change it back to factory really easily (selling feature) if needed. I'm looking at trying to maintain the factory ride without cutting apart the truck and added expenses/hassle. The ReadyLift are bolt on ready to go.
  5. JW2007-6.0

JW2007-6.0 New Member

Naive question but what is the difference? Pro's/cons? This is the first lift I have put in and want to make sure I choose something I'm happy with.
  6. chschevy58

chschevy58 New Member

im running the leveling kit because im in high school and i did not have the money for the 4 inch kit. you can clear 33x11 with the leveling kit and no trimming but i went with 33x13 and trimmed because i like the look of wider tires. with the 4inch kit you can clear 33x12.5 with no trimming. its all about money ... how wide of tires ... and trimming.

a huge factor is that a suspension lift will void your warranty on your truck for some dealerships ... i would be careful. the leveling kit wont ... atleast it wont be noticed.
  7. ippielb

ippielb Active Member 1000 Posts

A suspension lift is what i recommend, i know some dealerships will install lift kits for you, and you keep your warranty. Don't let them get you a lift, choose what one you want, and give it to them.
  8. JW2007-6.0

JW2007-6.0 New Member

I finally decided on the SST lift/leveling kit. Going to have that and some new KMC wheels installed at the same time next week. Not the Rockstars. I really like those rims, but want something that not everyone has. I'll post pictures after it's all installed.
  9. tandk04

tandk04 New Member

I'm sure you will be happy with the SST Kit. Everyone always seems to really stand by ReadyLift. Can't wait to see the pictures of your setup once it is on.