ReadyLift Leveling Kit Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 1500ExtChevy, May 5, 2010.

1. 1500ExtChevy

1500ExtChevy Rockstar

I installed the leveling kit on my 2005 Silverado 1500 with the Torsion Keys and shock mount extensions. My concern is I had to compress the shock in order to get the shock mount extensions on, but I dont think I should of had to compress the shock to use the extensions can anyone give me some help? Thanks

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thats normal, Your truck will be fine.Enjoy it!

3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I beg to differ on this issue, on all the kits I have seen, the shock mount extensions are for 2500 series trucks. The 1500 uses the original shocks in the original location. The Pro Comp keys I have came without the extensions, they were only available for 2500 trucks. It was the same for Ready Lift back when I was shopping for keys (last year), I think they put the shock extensions in to justify the $230 price tag. They are just not necessary on a 1/2 ton truck, especially if you had to compress the shock to fit them. Just my opinion, but it is based on the experience I had with my truck.

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  4. 1500ExtChevy

1500ExtChevy Rockstar

I was told that the kit is also suited for a Tahoe which will use the shock mount extensions. So yeah shock mount extensions are just sitting in the box in my garage. I Agree with Adampaul1964 there prolly in there to justify the price. Thanks guys!