1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ReadyLift Leveling Kit Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 1500ExtChevy, May 5, 2010.

1. 1500ExtChevy

1500ExtChevy Rockstar

I installed the leveling kit on my 2005 Silverado 1500 with the Torsion Keys and shock mount extensions. My concern is I had to compress the shock in order to get the shock mount extensions on, but I dont think I should of had to compress the shock to use the extensions can anyone give me some help? Thanks
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thats normal, Your truck will be fine.Enjoy it!
  3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I beg to differ on this issue, on all the kits I have seen, the shock mount extensions are for 2500 series trucks. The 1500 uses the original shocks in the original location. The Pro Comp keys I have came without the extensions, they were only available for 2500 trucks. It was the same for Ready Lift back when I was shopping for keys (last year), I think they put the shock extensions in to justify the $230 price tag. They are just not necessary on a 1/2 ton truck, especially if you had to compress the shock to fit them. Just my opinion, but it is based on the experience I had with my truck.
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
  4. 1500ExtChevy

1500ExtChevy Rockstar

I was told that the kit is also suited for a Tahoe which will use the shock mount extensions. So yeah shock mount extensions are just sitting in the box in my garage. I Agree with Adampaul1964 there prolly in there to justify the price. Thanks guys!