Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Readylift leveling kit

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by swoosh1977, Apr 23, 2010.

1. swoosh1977

swoosh1977 New Member

I have a 2008 Silverado Z71 5.3L engine. Im thinking of getting the Readylift 2.25 leveling kit for the front end. Has anyone put these on yet. I would love to see some pics if anyone has them with the kit on.

2. Wrench

Wrench Rockstar

same here. im looking at doing the same thing, but mines a 2007. so pics would be great

3. chschevy58

chschevy58 Rockstar 100 Posts

here you go ...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Wrench

Wrench Rockstar

was it pretty easy to install?? also did you need to align it after you were done?

5. chschevy58

me and a buddy did it in his garage. it was pretty simple and we were juniors in high school when we did it. and yeah you have to get the front end alligned

6. spud

spud New Member

They say that you need to put the matching lift on the back also so when you haul something in your truck the front end won't set so high. Is this correct?????????????

7. chschevy58

if you haul a heavy trailer or boat ALOT then yeah you should but if not then no.

8. NWI_#73

NWI_#73 Member

Do you have any rubbing with that leveling kit and 33" tires? Did you notice loss in mpg's, loss in braking power and did you have to re calibrate your speedometer?

I already have mine leveled and want to put 33" tires on it so thanks for the info.

9. chschevy58

i lost roughly 2 mpg with the much larger tires ... i went from 31x10.5 to 33x13 tires. if you go 33x12.5 with stock wheels then you will be fine and wont have any rubbing issues ... maybe very minor like when you are backing into a parking spot a full lock. i brought it to a shop to have my tires and wheels put on ... so they may have re calibrated my speedometer ... i dont really know. after i got my tires on i needed new brake pads anyways so i just went ahead and got the best brake pads that i could. stopping doesnt feel any different. i hope that helps ...

10. tiresmokindad

tiresmokindad New Member

I have put it on mine. I think it is more ready and it is okay!