1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Readylift rumor

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Shorty 71, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I heard that readylift might be coming out with a 4 inch leveling kit after the first of the year. Thats a product ill be all over. What do you guys think?
  2. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout New Member ROTM Winner

4" via a torsion bar key/crank = bad in my opinion. Why not just do it right with a suspension or body lift? You half-ass it and you will pay in the long run. Just my thoughts.
  3. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Im not sure how they plan to do it. I talked to a guy from readylift and he said they are working on it and it should be out around the first of the year.
  4. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member 1000 Posts

wouldn't really be a leveling kit, because it would raise the front end up higher then the rear
  5. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

kinda on the same subject, i may be in the market soon for a lift/leveling kit. my question is, do they make a leveling body lift? i guess i would need a 4"lift in the front, and a 2"in the back. do they have these? if so, where can i go to find them
  6. CornhuskerChevy

CornhuskerChevy New Member

cascott: I don't think it would be possible to make a "true" body/leveling kit like you are thinking to raise the front with the suspension and the back with a body lift. From what I know the body lift's raise the box and the cab seperately bcuz they are not linked together. I would assume what the guys at ReadyLift would do is 4" in the front with spacers and extensions or highly re-indexed keys and use a block or add-a-leaf in the back.
  7. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

But then you got to look at the biggest spacer i seen are 2.25 everything else rebuilts the strut up and if there goign to be doing 4" in the front and 2" in the back then its going to be more like a suspension lift. the a arms wont be able to stretch 4" on the stock. i might be wrong but then again it just what i think.
  8. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

well i have been doing a little more thinking, and i am thinking that by the time i save the money, it will be bout time for new struts/shocks, so i will be looking at suspension.