GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

ReadyLift SST Lift Kit

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by dlg804, Feb 17, 2010.

1. dlg804

dlg804 New Member

Please tell me what you think about this lift kit as far as quality and how well it will hold up. Also, my truck does not and will not go off road.
  2. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

Not real familiar with Ready Lift. I have heard a lot of good about their leveling kits. How high are you wanting to lift your truck? Looks like the SST lift is a four inch lift and allows you to run 33's. This kit does not come with aftermarket shocks, but if you are not going to be going off road you should be fine.
  3. dlg804

dlg804 New Member

i am just going 4" right now. i might add a small body lift later.
  4. Gambit

Gambit New Member

stupid question but what is the purpose of spending money on a lift if your truck "WILL NOT" go offroad? Seems like a waste of money to me but hey thats just my opinion.
  5. blacknight97

blacknight97 New Member

some people just like the look of the lifted trucks, i mean i love it. and im not a huge off-road guy, but i'll take my truck out on the dirt every now and then, its just personal taste.
  6. dlg804

dlg804 New Member

same here. i like the look of a lifted truck.
  7. dlg804

dlg804 New Member

i decided not to go with the ready lift. i just bought a pro comp 6" suspension lift. it will be a while before i install it i have to get more money for the install and the tires
  8. lalo56

lalo56 New Member

make sure you take pictures once you complete the install.
  9. ADrooster

ADrooster New Member

ready lift is a great lift I was gonna do it but I am going fabtech 7' with a couple spacers
  10. tandk04

tandk04 New Member

I am thinking of going with the ReadyLift SST 4". I see that it runs right at a grand. I have heard nothing but good things about ReadyLift, but was hoping to find someone with the kit so I could get some feedback or pictures. Thanks in advance.
  11. JW2007-6.0

JW2007-6.0 New Member

I'm in the same boat right now with it running a grand for the SST kit. I was just going to do the 2.25" front leveling kit so they were the same but don't want to regret not going with the SST which levels and raises front and back. Is the SST worth the extra $750?
  12. tandk04

tandk04 New Member

That is what is holding me back. The extra $750. I was looking and for a grand you can get the RCX 5 or 7.5 inch lifts. I am thinking of going with one of those. I really don't know though. Tough choice.
  13. JW2007-6.0

JW2007-6.0 New Member

I have run into a new "problem" with the ReadyLift SST kit. I am planning on putting KMC or some other aftermarket wheels on at the same time as the SST. The problem is talking with Readylift tech support says the backspacing on the wheel has to be 5.5". Not more or less or there could be problems. This is pretty much nearly impossible to find. Anyone have one installed that has come across this?
  14. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

My BDS lift requires a backspacing of 5.75". The rim I went with only makes them in 5" or 5.5". The 5.5" was on backorder at the time and the shop ordered the 5" instead stating they felt confident it would not rub. Of course they rubbed, so I ended up installing front leveling spacers to gain the extra clearance. The backspacing is very important, but you should not have much problem finding 5.5" backspacing. What size rims/tires are you looking to run?
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010