Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Readylift VS. Rough country leveling kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Chevy350, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Chevy350

Chevy350 New Member

Which leveling kit should i buy for my 03 silverado 1500?

2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Both are pretty reputable, lot's of guys here have both. Are you getting a full kit? By that I mean are you getting blocks or AAL for the rear or are you just getting keys for the front. Or is your truck 2WD and are you just getting spacers, Need a little more info on what you have and what you want to accomplish.

3. Chevy350

Chevy350 New Member

Its 4wd and idk if my wallet can afford the rear blocks. So maybe just the keys for now. I would like to get bigger tires as well because i have the stock rims and tires on there now. Also i plow with this truck with a 7' fisher minute mount2 RD so thats another factor.

Thanks,
    Taylor

4. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hey man I have the exact same truck as you and I bought the Rough Country 3 inch kit ( 3 inch front and 2 inch blocks in rear). I have to say that although the price is cheap, they did not skip out on anything quality wise. Their products are great and haven't had a problem out of mine in the 8 months its been on.

5. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Readylift:great::great:

6. Chevy350

Chevy350 New Member

Did you have to buy new shocks for the front and rear? or just with the blocks in the rear?

7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would go with Rough Country but get it with the full leveling kit with shocks and rear block for 189 bucks.

http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_99-06_leveling_kit.html

If you do just the front keys you can get away with the stock shocks, but it cant hurt to get some new ones. I would recommend Bilstein or Rancho

8. Chevy350

Chevy350 New Member

Do you guys know if rough country's keys are forged or cast? i know readylift's are forged

9. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't believe you have to unless you need them but not 100% on that, i didn't get new shocks.

10. Chevy350

Chevy350 New Member

Cool thanks man