1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

REALLY?? Come on now! keyless entry

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by blackburb, Jun 24, 2013.

1. blackburb

blackburb Rockstar 100 Posts

So, I was looking thru my owner's manual to find out how I can change the keyless entry to unlock ALL the doors with one press. Can't do it?? Really?? Anyone have a hack for this? I hate extra steps in anything! All my computers are set up for one click, I want my burb that way too:grrrrrr::grrrrrr::grrrrrr::grrrrrr:
  2. yotchie

yotchie Rockstar 100 Posts

after market command start. the dealer had mine installed as part of the sale. i only have to push it once to unlock all doors
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I can now do it with my aftermarket remote start system. I know exactly what you are saying. It gets pretty annoying having to press the button a bunch of times to unlock the rear hatch, especially if your hands are full.
  4. blackburb

blackburb Rockstar 100 Posts

The last car I had with keyless entry was my Lincoln LS. It had so many programming variations you could almost have it make popcorn and pour you a beer before you got in. You could roll windows up and down, open or close the sunroof, unlock different combos of doors and I think even pick which memory seat setting to use all from the remote.

Does anyone know if the door locks use external relays as opposed to being in the module? If it does, you should be able to rewire them so the first button press triggers all the locks.
  5. BQS4

BQS4 New Member

Don't want to sound like a "wet rag" on this, but, there is a reason for the multi-button pushing....safey. Especially for women. If it's like my '99 Suburban, hit the unlock once, the driver's door is unlocked, thus preventing anyone from jumping in on the other side or in the back. Same with just unlocking the back doors, no one can get in from the front. When my wife drove our Suburban to work, it was a good "peace of mind" thing. But, I'm just voicing my opinion.