1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Really Need Some Help With This.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Duncan_Z71, May 3, 2011.

1. Duncan_Z71

Duncan_Z71 New Member

[​IMG]

About 3 weeks ago, My truck got beat all to crap by baseball size hail. And it busted this plastic vents below the windshield. And I'm wonder but in the world that thing is called, and where you can get one from.
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

I believe it is called the windshield cowl cover. And i think that is a dealer or junk yard only part.
  3. Duncan_Z71

Duncan_Z71 New Member

well guess ill be paying big bucks for this one. cause cant find my truck any where in any of my local junk yards. Thanks bud.
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

It all depends on that part. I just bought a tranny crossmember for my truck for $130 yes it is a bit much but factory new.
  5. Duncan_Z71

Duncan_Z71 New Member

well im trying to find it on LMC but no luck. I can find the side pieces of it. but not the big long middle piece.

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 AM ----------

cowl wiper cover is the exact name for it. but just cant find it any where lol
  6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

7. Duncan_Z71

Duncan_Z71 New Member

8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If its a wiper cowl you need then check out StreetScenes. The have a smooth wiper cowl replacement part # 950-70112 for your truck. Shop around for prices. it may be cheaper than a GM part.
  9. kennyb79

kennyb79 New Member

Is that for an 01? hard to believe you can't find one in a junkyard...I can't see why that part wouldn't be the same for a suburban/tahoe/ or pickup. google auto recyclers and try to find a pick and pull or a junkyard in your area. I've even searched Ebay for other parts and found junkers in my area that I've gotten unrelated parts for. it should be easy to find that part used.
  10. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Try Certified Auto Recycling, Andmore Alabama, 800-632-2091, info@certifiedautorecyclers.com. They have been featured on Trucks U and HotRod TV. Looks like a professional company.