rear air deflector

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by dshocker, Apr 20, 2005.

1. dshocker

dshocker New Member

I want to get a rear air deflector for my ride. The only problem is that I have the barn door style truck. Anybody have any experience with this?

2. ARNIE

ARNIE Rockstar

Buy for your specific vehicle, and you should have no problem at all.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What type of rear air deflector? One for towing a trailer to deflect air up to get better gas mileage, or one to deflect air down over the rear window?

4. dshocker

dshocker New Member

To deflect air on the back window.

5. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

I've seen them around town here and there. I'll pay more attention the next time that I see one to check out if there is one with the lift-back door or the barn-doors.

6. ppettit2005

ppettit2005 Rockstar

I want one too!!!

7. CompToyZ

CompToyZ New Member

They make the deflectors for both.

8. ppettit2005

ppettit2005 Rockstar

I would just like to get more downforce on my rear end for better handling at speed, can someone give me some suggestions???

9. CompToyZ

CompToyZ New Member

A big brick? Unless your going to break the 200 mile an hour mark in your Tahoe I seriously doubt theres any reason to add anything for downforce. If it's a handling thing you might want to look at upgrading your sway bars and maybe doing a 2.5 drop(easy to do) and some nitro shocks.

10. ppettit2005

ppettit2005 Rockstar

yeah, but i cant drop my tahoe, because it's 4x4. maybe i'll just have my steering box replaced/upgraded...