1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear Axle Gear change ~ What's the Cost for a 2007 Silverado

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by awtposts, Oct 23, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Do you weld and, if so, do you have materials? I'm asking because I need some welding done. There's a place North of Roxboro (where I find myself, frequently) that I can have fabricate what I need made ... but I'd rather engage another enthusiast if possible.

Date: Wednesday, 10/31/12 (Halloween)
    Time: 6:30pm EDT

Aloxdaddy99 and I are confirmed. Awaiting feedback from Nak.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  2. awtposts

awtposts New Member

Sorry I don't weld but my coworker does. He's working on restoring his '70 Opel GT right now. He lives in the Knightdale Area. I believe there is a guy who has welding in his garage on Hwy98 across street from my subdivision, let me check it out more and get back to you. Would save you a bit of driving.

Date: Wednesday, 10/31/12 (Halloween)
    Time: 6:30pm EDT

Aloxdaddy99 and I are confirmed. Awaiting feedback from Nak.[/QUOTE]
    Confirmed here too. I also posted a bunch of pics I took with my phone this eve on my Garage section.
  3. SurrealOne

The driving's not an issue. I find myself just north of the Roxboro area 2/3rds of the weekends out of the year. That's where I do my wrenching since I'm in an apartment while I search for acreage in the Caswell/Person county area. The family has a lake house up there and dad's got a shop full of both his tools and mine. :)
  4. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I can make it.... it might be 7pm before I can be in Brier Creek though, depending on when I can leave work. I was going to see if Little Red Riding hood, Snow White, Belle, and Cinderella wanted to do something on halloween but they have not responded yet.
  5. SurrealOne

Well if they're cute and scantily clad, bring them. :)
  6. awtposts

awtposts New Member

LOL Just donned on me the (Brier Creek) part. LOL...... Thought most of us were in the Wake Forest area. Anyone know there's an Ale House in WF right there at the US1 and Hwy98 interchange? Brier Creek, isn't that north 70? I'm coming from Bunn.
  7. SurrealOne

Nak's rolling from downtown Raleigh and his return trip is to Apex. I'm rolling from the park and my return trip will be to Semora (headed to the lake that night). Alox is to/from WF and you're to/from Bunn.

I have no idea where US 1 and NC 98 meet. :)
  8. awtposts

awtposts New Member

I think we've got the four corners of the earth just about covered then. :lol:
    Good to go!

How do we all meet up? Any ideas? I think everyone has met each other before except me. Any ideas? Now if Nak's truck looks anyting like his profile pic, I say the outdoor bar as I"ll be hard pressed to leave the parking lot - LOL!!!
  9. SurrealOne

Just look for the trucks. Depending on parking conditions it might be around back or on one side of the place.