Rear Bowtie removel and new one put on 07-11 Av's

Discussion in 'How-to Guides' started by Enkeiavalanche, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well I got my new Bowties from Street Scene a while ago. I put the front ones on quick. But not the back.. TILL last night.. [​IMG] Was not as easy as I thought... [​IMG]

Tools needed...

1 Good Heat gun
    2 Fishing line or strong String
    3 Razor blade They do make plastic ones which I would say get...
    4 Artex or some kind of adhesive remover
    5 Strong thumbs... [​IMG]
    6 masking tape
    7 about 2 hours..... [​IMG]

Ok first off tape up the area around the bowtie. First to mark where the old one was 2nd to protect the paint aronud it.

2nd Get that heat gun ready start loosen the glue behind the old bowtie with some HOT! Heat
    3rd Start working the line/string behind the old bowtie (this will take some time) There are nibs on the old bowtie that go in to the tail gate.. I was told there was not.. [​IMG]

4th Once off you can see the dbl stick tape GM uses and the holes. (That people told me were NOT there)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5th OK now the real fun starts..Time to take off the old Dbl tape and Glue.. I did use a razor blade but if you do be very carefull....Start with heating up the glue and weting it down with your A R.

(Note this will take the most time) You can see the holes where the nubs from the old bowtie were..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well after about 1 1/2 of getting about 98% of the old Glue and tape off I got done.. Here are some pics..

one at night (Also with my new Bulbs) and one I took this morning...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]