1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear Brake Dic Hub Size???

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Tamarac, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Tamarac

Tamarac New Member

Hi, I have started planning to replace the discs and brakes on my 2002 Silverado 2500HD. In researching it appears there are two different rear brake hub hole sizes (4-5/8" and 4.82"). I called my local dealer's parts department and the guy there was zero help. He didn't have a clue there were more than one size. He said that he needed the number of the disc to get new ones and still would not know the diameter size I am looking for. Does any one know how to determine which size I have short of tearing apart the rear brakes BEFORE I have new discs in hand???? Thanks!

ps: I am looking to use after market higher performance discs so getting the number to the dealer based on what he said wouldn't help me much.:neutral: