1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear Brake Question...... Help Please

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Acme Racer, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Acme Racer

Acme Racer New Member

Hi Gang
    Well, my 94 'Burb is turnin into a "cruise in" type shop truck/daily driver. So much for havin a "beater".:oops: Its goin to the paint shop soon, just converted it to 2 1/2" dual exhaust w/DynoMax muff's, 18X8 Eagle Polished Wheels & Falken Tires, added the roll pan, dropped 3/5, Bare Drilled/Vented rotors, Black Chrome Composite Headlight/Turn Marker light & Chrome Grille conversion, Chrome front bumper w/Driving Lights & Billett Insert to match Billet Inserts in the new chrome grille and some other mods I cant think of right now. Anyways, my wife and friends keep buggin me about convertin the rear drums to (yikes :eek: ) disc w/Drilled/Vented rotors. Has anyone done this? I tried the search deal and came up with "zip, zero, nada".:shocked: The rear is a 5X5 bolt pattern 1/2 ton 2WD rear. I wanna keep this as low buck (reasonably) and safe as possible. Any and all imput is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Best Regards from Daytona Beach... Speedweeks 2008 starts NOW, with the Rolex 24! :yipi:
    Larry
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  2. r76davey

r76davey New Member

I am looking for the same thing... I have found a couple conversion kits just by Googling "suburban rear brake conversion" But they are $700-1200! I know for my '75 blazer I just order some brackets ($100) and the rest of the parts can be pulled right off the shelf of any local auto parts store for about another $100.

I'm thinking of just getting an axel from a newer "burb and using that (one that already has disks), but that's gonna be a lot of cutting and welding!
  3. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

Some 2500 suburbans came with rear brakes and you could swap them, or maybe try camaro rear brake from the junkyard, they will be the same bolt pattern at least, and have no problem fitting inside the 18" you have, your best bet is to think SCAVENGER
  4. GaryL

GaryL New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

As far as I know, the Camaro's had a smaller bolt pattern than the trucks. I think they are a 4.75 x5 which is too small for our trucks.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009