1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear Bumper Replace?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sevi084x4, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I appreciate it man. I really want a paint gun and a sand blaster that way i could do some painting myself. Idk though i'm not gonna paint my bumper with spray can's it's too risky. I would have it done by a body shop or dealership. I'm already planning on paining my tow mirrors first though painted to match for only $120 which isn't that bad considering that they are the textured ones.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Aight man just let me know. I love the color matched on your truck my buddy has one just like it LTZ crew cab and that white just pops. I like my black truck looks the best cleaned up but takes too much work and then get's dirty within a day or two! When and if i get rid of this truck i wil get either white,silver, and or the charcoal grey or brownish colored one.

2. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yah man when i went to go pick the truck out they had two exactly the same...except one had the new all chrome front end they just started doing this model year and one had the all color match. I knew i had to have that all white. Im going to make it look great, got some big plans for this one
  3. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah if i were you get some painted bowties either black or chrome would look good. I think the white bowtie with chrome outline would look really good either way i like the color matched look. My truck didn't come like that but i have added allot to make it that way. I did some stuff myself and some stuff ordered and also have painted inside pieces to gloss black and a few other things. I just now owe 10 grand on my truck so when i pay it off idk if i will get rid of it or not prob not i wanna replace and do everything to this truck until chevy comes out with a new body style silverado.
  4. sevi084x4

Well its funny you suggest that because i already have white bowties with the chrome outline ordered haha. I decided to go with the mostly white look instead of a tuxedo thing. And im alittle further in the hole than you lol, i just bought this puppy two weeks ago so i owe like38k =D. But i am actually going to keep this one until that gmc hd concept becomes a reality haha
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah i hear that haha i wonder what GM is gonna come up with for the new model chevy's? I know i'll have this truck for awhile but i'm thinking i want a diesel 2500hd when the new body style comes out and prob still keep this one since it will be paid off.
  6. sevi084x4

Well if they do come out with something new for chevys also....i will obviously buy that instead, i want my bowties haha. hopefully its not too far off
  7. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah i painted my stock grille to white but messed up some in some spots sometime this year i will finish it and sell it since the white chevys are more common than just about any other. I wish i didnt mess up but it's always room for error with spray cans thats why i wish i had a paint gun and it would be cake. My black bowtie will be here today that i'm putting on my Rbp replica grille just gotta line it up right and just bolt it on the truck in the middle should look good. I have a small rbp chrome emblem i'm gonna put at a angle in the drive side corner also. Where did you get the white bowties with chrome trim from man?
  8. sevi084x4

Amazon actually...they are very hard to find. i was surprised when i found them , probably wont ever find them again haha
  9. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah you probably want to be honest it's mainly just chrome, brushed and black ones that they offer and black ones are kinda hard to find but i order allot of stuff off ebay. I know people complain about Ebay but i dont buy the cheap Non brand name things i buy brand name for cheaper than rest of sites online with free shipping and havent been unsatisfied with ebay yet. A website you should checkout is www.autoanything.com i have used them for when i dont use Ebay and has free shipping and lower prices than other sites and they will email you discount codes all the time too.