Rear coil spring problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by freddie, Apr 16, 2013.

1. freddie

freddie Rockstar 100 Posts

I am sorry MOOG was the name of the coil springs. There are no pictures of the MOOG insulators. All the ones I can find say actual product may vary on other sites. So I don't know if I need insulators or seats or both

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ok I thought you were only looking at the other parts.
    Moog parts are good factory replacements.
    If you can afford new insulators and seats Id go ahead and buy them. If your springs are that worn the other parts have taken the same beating. Replacing seats and insulators should ensure no metal on metal or squeeking and creaking noises.

3. freddie

Just wanted to give you an update. I ordered new replacement coil springs from rockauto.com and had them and a leveling kit installed today. The guy said something was up with my springs. The new ones brought the rear up about 1/2-3/4 of an inch. He said I won't have any more problems with the springs falling out cause these were really snug when he put them in

4. tbplus10

Give them a few days driving around and they should settle a little bit, maybe a 1/4" lower.

5. freddie

Just so long as they don't fall out again while on a lift. I know the rear feels as though its more "springy" when I hit a bump or go over a speed bump hopefully that's not a bad thing. I am thinking about putting in some air bags that go inside the coil spring later on. Maybe that will give me some added support when hauling the car trailer

6. tbplus10

Yea it should help with a car trailer. I used to be a big fan of air bags for hauling, still am when using a coil sprung suspension.

7. freddie

Thanks for all your help with my coil spring problem

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  8. tbplus10

No problem, Im glad it worked out for you.