1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear disk brake upgrade for older diesels

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by dwill3015, Nov 1, 2007.

1. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I found this on another site. I know some of you have older diesel pick-ups and Suburbans that this upgrade might apply to.
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice find, Darcy. That upgrade is fit to do on any older P/U truck from what I can tell. I might just "Sticky" this thread anybody second that? :great:
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

here here! As soon as I can get the 800 bucks to do the conversion, I'm doin it... :glasses:
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If you go to SSBC's website, www.ssbrakes.com they have kits for many different vehicles. They'll build packages for custom vehicles. They built a brake package for my 91 Toyota pickup on Dana 60's consisting of master cylinder, S/S lines, frt/rr disc's, adjustable porportional valves for frt/rr, and frt/rr line locks, all for around $1200.
  5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yeah, that's where I got the $800 dollar price range from...
    http://www.ssbrakes.com/products/searchByVehicle/Chevrolet/Suburban_1500_(2WD)/1991
    I don't know why, but the brake upgrade/conversion kits for my suburban are outrageous. I don't understand it. I wish they weren't, but I'll deal with it.
  6. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

7. DAREDEVIL

8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yea but did ya read the description

EGR Performance Brakes offers a New Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kits for 1988 and later models when fitted with Single Rear Wheels. The kit fits either Dana 60, 70 or 80, Semi & Full Floating, Ford 9” and GM 10 & 14 bolt axles! We have kits for both ½ ton, ¾ and 1 Ton HD models. Now get Superior Braking Performance & Heat Control, Faster & Shorter Stops and Increased Front Brake Life. Get Improved Brake Performance like the new trucks experience!

From thier description you can only run them when our running single rears. Your giving up a lot already if you've got a dually and have to take the outside set of wheels off.
  9. DAREDEVIL

I seen that :-( ,

but somewhere in they'r description i read about dually as well ?!:neutral:

I am gonna call them and find out. I hate my drum brakes ,,,,but NO way i am gonna give up my dually's.:great:
  10. DAREDEVIL