Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear Door speaker HELP needed

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by aloxdaddy99, Oct 13, 2012.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I am in the process of prewireing my doors for a future speaker upgrade. I am doing it now because I am currently installing FatMat sound deadener. The front door was fairly easy. The rear door not so much. When I pulled the rubber boot that carries the wires from the cab to the door I found a weather tight connection at the B pillar. So there isn't a way to run new wire to the into the door. So my question is to those that have run new wire to the doors. How did you do it?
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Yep you found the Molex plug..Well when I mounted my JL Amps in my rear doors of my 02 Avalanche we cut all wires and got the boots from the front doors and used them for the back So besides all the factory wires we had to run Power,Ground and speaker wires to each door.. 1 had the 300/4 the other 500/1

oldtruckampindoor.jpg
  3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

What I found was on the outer part of the plug on either end of it was an opening. So I took one wire and ran it through each opening. The way the plug fit on the B pillar there shouldn't be any rubbing issues. I tried to take some pics but I wasn't able to get any that actually showed what I did.