1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear Drivers Side Squeak

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by TechAnalyst, Nov 25, 2010.

1. TechAnalyst

TechAnalyst New Member

My rear drivers side wheel makes a squeaking sound doesnt matter if its moving with acceleration or rolling down a hill

Ideas Experiences?
  2. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

My best guess would be a brake dragging & squeaking. It's easy at this point since you already have it localized to the L.R. Jack it up & spin it by hand & you can probably duplicate it.
  3. TechAnalyst

TechAnalyst New Member

100% UJoints, Canadian Tire has skethcy mechanics, they said i was wasting my money etc said it was the differential, it was both ujoints that had ceased from sitting so long
  4. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

How can squeaky U joints be causing a noise ONLY IN YOUR LEFT REAR WHEEL?? That's where you said it was coming from...
  5. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Id say it was coming out of the left wheel and was heard from there easiest, ive had the same thing with my trucks when the U-joint lets loose..