1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear end lift

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Jonesygmc, Jul 11, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Jonesygmc

Jonesygmc New Member

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say hello to everyone, Im a newbe here and just had a quick question.

within the last year I got a levelling kit put on my truck, but the rear end is much lower then my front end now, and my camber is off causing uneven tire wear. I recently noticed the camber off when I saw the tire wear, and noticed it looked sort of funny when it was done but didn't think it was that bad. now because my rear end is quite a bit lower, ive heard of putting blocks in the rear end. can anyone help me out with understanding where these blocks go and how easy they are to make?

P.S you guys are awesome here, ive been going through the other threads and there is so much info here!
  2. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

welcome to the site, the blocks go under the leafspings and dont make them buy them, the rear being lower than the front wont throw camber out of spec but will throw caster out but that angle does not wear tires, check the front end for loose parts
    worn ball joints can cause edge wear that looks like a caster problem
  3. Jonesygmc

Jonesygmc New Member

Thanks for your reply! i think i worded that wrong up there lol, camber is the angle of your tires isnt it (top in, bottom out)?
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Yes, camber is the vertical line looking from the front of the truck. Did you have the truck aligned after the leveling kit?
  5. Jonesygmc

Jonesygmc New Member

yup, paid 80 bucks for a 4wd alignment, thought that they would have fixed that too. guess ill bring that up when i got to get my new tires soon :happy:. My bad i realize i posted this question in the into section lol.
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Four wheel alignment is an absolute scam with a pickup. Ask them how they change the alignment on the rear wheels.
  7. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site!!!!!
  8. GMPartsClub

GMPartsClub New Member GMTC Sponsor 100 Posts

Nice to have you here, welcome to the forums.
  9. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the site!