1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

rear end lift?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by k/4x4/93, Mar 24, 2010.

1. k/4x4/93

k/4x4/93 Member

I have a 1993 chevy 1500 that sits level. i want the rear end lifted only so it sits with a forward angle with the rear up and the nose down. whats the best and cheapest way to do that. i thought about "add a leafs" but i dont know about that stuff.
  2. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Blocks work too, and you can also get extended shackles that will lift the rear an inch or so.
  3. BadBurban98

BadBurban98 Rockstar

blocks are the easiest way to go and will maintain ride quality doing a shackle lift will stiff the ride a bit and if you put a have load there know to push out and lock up and the rear end will sag I've had it happen to me, I'd say the blocks.
  4. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I think the blocks are gonna be your best bet.
  5. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My vote against the blocks is that they can pop out and they accelerate axle wrap. If you can get around these problems blocks are excellent cheap alternatives.
  6. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I would recommend blocks over add a leafs as the AAL's will stiffen the ride. If you are worried about axle wrap you could always go with a zero rate leaf aal. It lifts like a block but is bolted to your leaf pack so no axle wrap. Here is a link for 1 inch zero rates, this site also sells 2.5 inch zero rates as well.
    http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/Zero Rates.htm
  7. k/4x4/93

k/4x4/93 Member

What are the best blocks to buy? can i have a couple URL's
  8. k/4x4/93

k/4x4/93 Member

9. BadBurban98

BadBurban98 Rockstar

tough country makes good lifts and you went to a good site too, i have a 4" tough country suspension in my 88 toyota granted it rides stiff only because i went with a high arc leaf spring so I wouldn't have to use blocks but, yes my friends has used that kit and likes it and it maintained ride quality
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010