1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear heat / Air?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by MrEarp, Dec 31, 2009.

1. MrEarp

MrEarp New Member

Hi all:

I have a 01 Suburban with rear heat / ac. It recently stopped working. Just before it stopped the aspirator was making all sorts of noise above my head. I just replaced this with a brand new unit hoping it would make things work again.

It still doesn't.

Any ideas?

Tnx for the help.
  2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member 1000 Posts

REAR expansion valve !!!!!!! Thats what was wrong with my Burb ,,although its a 96...... but same problem !!!!!
  3. MrEarp

MrEarp New Member

Where do I find it?
  4. Chris Miller

Chris Miller New Member

Haven't had a chance to rip into an '01's rear A/C, but it's most likely in the passenger side rear housing, right where you open the very back doors/tailgate.
    I could be mistaken. Follow your lines back there. The expansion valve is right next to the evaporator core.
  5. 94bluebeast

94bluebeast New Member

Does it blow anything out???
  6. MrEarp

MrEarp New Member

does nothing. IT worked when I bought the truck 6 months ago and then I removed the aspirator because of the noise and now it doesnt work even with a new aspirator