Rear LED Turn Signals and Brake Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Chevy Young Blood, Dec 7, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. Chevy Young Blood

Chevy Young Blood New Member

I've been seeing alot lately that trucks in my area has an LED light strip across the tailgate. I really like this look and I want to put it on my truck but I'm not experienced with electronics and wiring. I know from a friend that I can get the LED strip from a local dealer, but should I find someone to install it since my buddy also told me that they need to splice the wiring together. I don't feel comfortable with wiring my truck.

So after a really long explaination my question is: Should I buy the one that requires wire splicing or are there ones that plug into the trailer light outlet?

If anyone could offer any insight or experience with this, it would be greatly appreciated!
  2. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com New Member 100 Posts

hi get the one that plugs right in to the trialer harness. it is the only way to go. its just held on with double back tape.i have one below the tailgate and back window. ralph
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

CURTIS makes a trailer wiring harness "T", and it enables you to hook up the line of fire without using your plug in connector for the trailer. I bought one from a local store for $35, and there was no splicing wires with that.
  4. b_burdine

b_burdine New Member 100 Posts

They have them all over ebay... Recon carries them as well as Fireline