rear lights indicators Internal fuse blows

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bensdive, Feb 21, 2009.

1. bensdive

bensdive New Member

Hi
    My sister 1997 suburban is blowing fuse She losing Brake lights indicators an internal light fuses Any ideas would be appreciated The auto sparky had three days and can not find anything
    All the best
    Ben

2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

her rear lighting fluid is extremely low, and when her tail lights come on, its causing the pump to work harder than intended causing over heating resulting in blown fuses... just kidding, probably water in the light sockets somewhere, or a wire has been pinched and is shorting out. trace down all the wires you can and check for any nicks, worn out insulation, etc.

3. bensdive

bensdive New Member

Thanks Chris

Hi
    The auto sparky had it for three day but can not find the problem.I would like to know if anyone had trouble with the indicator stem Just being Australia i can not go down the street to get the part at the local spare parts place They don't carry the parts
    Thank you for your time
    Ben

4. cascott325

are the bulbs going out too?

5. bensdive

bensdive New Member

Hi Chris

Hi
    No just the fuse are going The three fuse
    All the best
    Ben

6. cascott325

so that eliminates the neutral side of the line leaving only the positive side. the best i can tell you is to look up the fuse sizes, and make sure they are the right amperage. there should be a diagram on the fuse box panel cover. then you probably are gonna have to trace down the wiring. there might be another wire touching the light fuse holder causing a short. you probably need to check all the other fuses to make sure there is no others blown too. look behind the fuse panel, trace down the wires as far as you can. pay spcial attention to pinch points.