Rear locker?

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by MightGetColorado, Oct 7, 2006.

1. MightGetColorado

MightGetColorado New Member

Does anyone make a rear locker for a Colorado or Canyon? I am thinking about replacing my Ford Ranger but if I can't get a locker I may have to look into something else. I like these because I work at a GMC dealership and getting parts and work done would be a lot easier. Any info would be helpful.

2. GMCdriver

GMCdriver New Member

I ordered a Canyon a few weeks ago and the G80 locking rear dif was standard equipment for the Z71 trucks and optional on the others.

It's made by Eaton just like the ones on the full size trucks. Actualy Eaton also makes Positrac(tm) Ltd Slip Dif and I think that is what Ford uses.

I don't know if you can buy it as an aftermarket part or not but I would start by searching for Eaton.

3. MightGetColorado

MightGetColorado New Member

Yeah my Ranger came with a limited slip. I took it out and put in a Lockrite locker. It made all the difference in the world. Hopefully I can find something similar for the Colorado/Canyon

4. Bystrack2006

Bystrack2006 New Member

my truck came stock with a locker...... i think they all do im not tooo sure though.