Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Rear Main Seal

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by rileyjr16, Aug 8, 2012.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

So I'm somewhat sure my rear seal is out and thats whats causing my oil leak. The question is, I have to replace my transfer case soon, so while the case is out, should I drop/slide the tranny out of the way and replace it?

Whats the best way of going about this? I'm not afraid of doing the work as I'll have an old and decrepit helper and a young and decrepit smoker probably helping me (I hope) :lol:

Any suggestions? Tired of seeing oil spots on my driveway everywhere I park :grrrrrr:

2. MCrewsZ71

MCrewsZ71 Member

Ain't nothin to it but to do it!!!

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Start parking in the neighbors driveway then!!
    Thats probably the best time to tackle this problem, since your already taking the T case out the trans is a few more bolts then you've got a clean shot at the back of the engine with much more room to work.