Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear passenger door electric door lock wont actavate?

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by rustymetalbob, Mar 1, 2011.

1. rustymetalbob

rustymetalbob New Member

I have a 2004 Chevy Suburban and for some reason the rear passenger electric door lock stopped working. I can opperate it manualy but it wont work using any switch. This went out when the Suburban was about two years old, and I now have some time to work on it. Can you tell me how to remove the door pannel? And if I need any special tools to do this? Maybe if I can see it I can see why it stopped working? Any tips? Bob
  2. ls1bird

ls1bird New Member

^^ correct. You may already know this, but it's probably just an actuator. These go out like crazy (2 of them on my 08 Silverado in just 2 years) but are fairly easy to replace.
  3. cobaltss86

cobaltss86 New Member

Im a gm tech, I agree, its most likely the actuator, I have replaced at least 100 of these since the new body style came out......
  4. rustymetalbob

rustymetalbob New Member

Hi, and Thank you for replying to my question. The door with the problem is not the back door, it's the rear passenger door (just behind the front seat). So the actuator is weak on these huh, ok I should be able to change that out. And like you stated earlier I need to get a set of those plastic trim tools to remove the door panel is that true with all the doors on the 2004 Suburban? Thanks again, Bob