Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

rear pinion "up and down movement"

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by jjg54002, May 3, 2013.

1. jjg54002

jjg54002 New Member

I could really use some advise.... I have an 02 Silverado 6.0l 2500 HD crew cab long box with a loud growl and/or humming noise. I think I have found the issue in the rear-end. with the tires on the ground I could move the pinion up and down about a half inch, after removing the drive shaft I could also move it in and out about the same. I don't think that should move like that but not sure???? found the RPO codes (gt5) (g80) did some research and found which rear end I have if it helps 14 bolt 4.10 locking differential AAM 1050 full floating

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!!

I moved your thread to the correction of the forum...this will get you more responses/opinions.