Rear shackle leveling kit

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by heavy chevy, Feb 18, 2009.

1. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Here is a pic of my silverado with a rear leveling kit on it. For some reason it didnt level my truck at all. I dont know what the problem is. The kit is so easy to install i know i didnt do it backwards. Any suggesions? It is a belltech kit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

rear shackle kit

I havent installed rear shackles on new body style, but I know early model belltech shackles were adjustable. I went on belltech website and couldnt find kit for your truck. I know this sounds dump, but are you sure there right year or ever it there belltechs?

3. Clean04

Clean04 Member

I did this same mod. It doesnt level it perfect but I does bring it closer without sacrificing ride quality. Just put something heavy in the back!

I threw a bed cover on mine and it did the trick for me.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18989

maybe a few bags of cement:lol:

P.S. Truck is looking dope bro!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  4. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

thanks! yes it is belltech and it is the right drop for my truck. It is like 8 1/2 inches in the rear and 6 inches in the front from the tire. I guess I am going to have to call belltech on this. If they are going to sell a leveling kit It should level it. I mean it was a 2 1/2 inch drop so the kit should have dropped it at least 4 inches to level it out!!! Thanks for the help i guess ill go with eibach next time.

5. Never Enough

Never Enough Rockstar 100 Posts

Why would a 2.5" drop kit lower your truck 4"? By my calculations that would be a 4" drop kit....
    I have the Ground Force rear leveling kit on my 08 and it worked perfect. 2.5 and its right where I needed it.

Did you cut the pinch weld under the bed? The kit isnt sitting on that weld, holding it off is it?