Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear shackle leveling kit

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by heavy chevy, Feb 18, 2009.

1. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Here is a pic of my silverado with a rear leveling kit on it. For some reason it didnt level my truck at all. I dont know what the problem is. The kit is so easy to install i know i didnt do it backwards. Any suggesions? It is a belltech kit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

rear shackle kit

I havent installed rear shackles on new body style, but I know early model belltech shackles were adjustable. I went on belltech website and couldnt find kit for your truck. I know this sounds dump, but are you sure there right year or ever it there belltechs?
  3. Clean04

Clean04 Member

I did this same mod. It doesnt level it perfect but I does bring it closer without sacrificing ride quality. Just put something heavy in the back!

I threw a bed cover on mine and it did the trick for me.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18989

maybe a few bags of cement:lol:

P.S. Truck is looking dope bro!
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  4. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

thanks! yes it is belltech and it is the right drop for my truck. It is like 8 1/2 inches in the rear and 6 inches in the front from the tire. I guess I am going to have to call belltech on this. If they are going to sell a leveling kit It should level it. I mean it was a 2 1/2 inch drop so the kit should have dropped it at least 4 inches to level it out!!! Thanks for the help i guess ill go with eibach next time.
  5. Never Enough

Never Enough Rockstar 100 Posts

Why would a 2.5" drop kit lower your truck 4"? By my calculations that would be a 4" drop kit....
    I have the Ground Force rear leveling kit on my 08 and it worked perfect. 2.5 and its right where I needed it.

Did you cut the pinch weld under the bed? The kit isnt sitting on that weld, holding it off is it?