Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Audio Rear Speakers In Pillars on 2001 Siverado 1500 Base 2-Door Standard Cab

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by BowtieChevy1, Apr 1, 2013.

1. BowtieChevy1

BowtieChevy1 New Member

I bought my truck with just the standard AM/FM Stereo radio. I'm in the process of replacing the right door speaker, no issues, I've found the cheap exact replacements through: MN Electronics.com. I removed the mounting bracket from the blown speaker. Behind the driver & passenger seats in the upper pillar, there is a grille for rear speakers on each side and the wiring is already present. The radio I have does not indicate in lettering a "fade" control. Though, the knob behind the tuning control does rotate and has a center position. My questions are, if I hook up a 4-ohm speaker (the speaker I removed from front door indicates it's a 4-ohm system) will there be power to the rear speaker at all? Also, what speaker size physical dimensions (OEM) fits in the rear pillars?

Thank you
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I think the rear pillars were 4x6's not sure if the wires are powered. You could -just hook up any speaker to the wires and see if you have sound