Rear Speakers

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by chihawks35, Nov 13, 2012.

1. chihawks35

chihawks35 Member 1 Year

Hey guys, im new to the forum. I recently purchased a used 2007 silverado (New body style) i noticed that both of my rear speakers just stopped working, there never was a blow out or a vibrating bad noise period they just stopped working. im getting power through the head unit to the speaker plug but nothing is being transmitted to the speakers. so i guess im asking 2 things
    1. has anyone experienced problems like this? should i buy new speakers and install them>

2. Im having trouble getting the panel off the inside of the rear door. i have an extended cab, not a crew cab. anyone have any good videos or tutorials as to how to get the paneling off? thanks!

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Look on the back of your center consol. Is there headphone Outputs? You might have a RSE (rear seat Enterment) If so hit the button and see if the rears come back on

3. chihawks35

chihawks35 Member 1 Year

yeah i dont have those in my truck. i think it might be a speaker issue. im just wondering if anyone has had similar problems so i know

4. Enkeiavalanche

2 door 4 door or Ext cab?

5. chihawks35

chihawks35 Member 1 Year

4 door ext

6. Enkeiavalanche

Check the Speakers next... You did Adg the Fader right?

7. chihawks35

chihawks35 Member 1 Year

yes thats how i found out they werent working, yea im going to have to check the speakers next, having quite a time getting the back panels off with the ext cab door handles though kind if a tough task