1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rear Speakers

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by chihawks35, Nov 13, 2012.

1. chihawks35

chihawks35 Member

Hey guys, im new to the forum. I recently purchased a used 2007 silverado (New body style) i noticed that both of my rear speakers just stopped working, there never was a blow out or a vibrating bad noise period they just stopped working. im getting power through the head unit to the speaker plug but nothing is being transmitted to the speakers. so i guess im asking 2 things
    1. has anyone experienced problems like this? should i buy new speakers and install them>

2. Im having trouble getting the panel off the inside of the rear door. i have an extended cab, not a crew cab. anyone have any good videos or tutorials as to how to get the paneling off? thanks!
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Look on the back of your center consol. Is there headphone Outputs? You might have a RSE (rear seat Enterment) If so hit the button and see if the rears come back on
  3. chihawks35

chihawks35 Member

yeah i dont have those in my truck. i think it might be a speaker issue. im just wondering if anyone has had similar problems so i know
  4. Enkeiavalanche

2 door 4 door or Ext cab?
  5. chihawks35

chihawks35 Member

4 door ext
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Check the Speakers next... You did Adg the Fader right?
  7. chihawks35

chihawks35 Member

yes thats how i found out they werent working, yea im going to have to check the speakers next, having quite a time getting the back panels off with the ext cab door handles though kind if a tough task