Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Rear suspension bounce

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Coneklr, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Coneklr

Coneklr Member

Hi All,
    I’m not happy with the rear suspension on my truck (See my sig). Sure at normal speeds on smooth roads the rear suspension works fine with or without a load in the bed. Up the speeds some what and aggression and the rear can bounce around too much on exits, bends, etc depending on the road conditions. So what is it about the suspension that is causing this?
    Is it the stiff springs, too much shock rebound, etc???

2. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

bad shocks?

3. Coneklr

Coneklr Member

Yeah I guess that's possible. Never know how much weight the previous owner loaded up in the bed. But it feels fine most of the times.

4. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Leaf Springs might be shot, this causes bouncing when going around a bend with a pot hole, my truck bounces around from left to right, and i need new leaf springs.

5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i remember one of my friends truck had the hanger cracked and it was messed up badly, he said it had a messed up ride might want to check that just incase.