Rear tailgate is well broke

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Conlan Rose, Apr 19, 2012.

1. ybstuk

ybstuk New Member

Conlan - I know this is old - but did you have any luck getting this fixed? I found your post doing a google search. I've got the same issue on my burb... I'm looking at different ways of fixing it. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have yet to touch it even after all this time because its just such a pain in the ass place to work and such. I made it easier to live with by removing the torsion bar that makes the tailgate easier to close and I eventually needed to also adjust the rear glass latch because the gate sank a little.

3. ybstuk

ybstuk New Member

I too have yet to tackle the same problem - but I've got to do it soon. I've just avoided opening the gate since it happened... It really sucks, as I loved using the gate. Thanks for replying.

4. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I would just roll into a body shop and ask what the cost would be to make it right, you will have a good number for cost to work with, in my area they don't mind or charge to look at your problem and give you a quote. Often they will toss out a couple of ways to go about the repair and you can go from there.